Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sofia 2006 conference

Dear,

I have participated at Sofia 2006 conference from 8-10 November 2006 "Globalization, Digitization, Access, and Preservation of Cultural Heritage" with my poster presentation (I promise you the PDF or TIFF file for download in couple of days). If you will like to know more about the conference visit this link.

As most of you may know, my passion for my profession is more than obsession. Since my professional surroundings at the Faculty of Philology “Blaze Koneski” i.e. the Dean and The Chief of my Department are not capable to understand or appreciate my professional achievements and my passion for OCR - I have donated blood in order to be in the Sofia conference and get 2 free days from my work. I have paid for all the expenses for the conference that were equal to my one-month salary.

I meet a lot of people over there, made some new (hello to Marie Bryan, Mats Dahlstrom, Laura Fernandez, Paul Fisher, Marta Mestrovic Deyrup (THANK YOU!), Jacqueline Solis, Urim Sallauka, Jon Guillian, Ypapanti Kytta, Alan Hopkinson, Dusan Katuscak, Focko Robbert van Berckelaer, Vaska Sotirov Djukic, Serap Karbanoglu, Conor D. Partee, Manfred Mayer, Lenka Danevska-sorry if I forgot somebody! Send me an e-mail so we can stay in touch) and old friends (hello to Niksa and Sanjica) from the LIDA 2006 conference in Croatia. I recommend this conference to all of you.

Here is the link

for LIBRARIES IN THE DIGITAL AGE (LIDA) 2007
Dubrovnik and Mljet, Croatia
28 May – 2 June 2007

If somebody want to meet me again this is a great opportunity. Hope to see you all at the LIDA 2007. If you have some interesting conferences in Europe please leave a comment on the blog or just send me an e-mail and for your convenience I wil post the link here.

You can see some of the pictures from Sofia 2006 at my photosite directory. I still dont have a camera so If somebody can send me pictures from my poster presentation or my poster I will be more than grateful.

At the end, I want to say a big THANK YOU to
Tatiana Nikolova-Houston from the University of Texas at Austin (http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/~slavman/hypertexts/)
who understand my work and helped me financially to save some money and to buy a semi-professional camera for my work.
THANK YOU again from the bottom of my heart!

With my warmest friendly regards,

Poposki Dimitar

No comments: