Tuesday, June 13, 2006

LIBRARIES IN THE DIGITAL AGE (LIDA) 2006 Dubrovnik and Mljet, Croatia 29 May – 3 June 2006

Being part of this International Conference was a valuable experience for me and my passion for OCR.

I have won Second place at the posters session for Professional Achievement for my work in the field of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) and met a lot of interesting people there. On the picture you can see the actual moment of the award ceremony. On the left is Tefko Saracevic and on the right is me.

The themes for LIDA 2006 were:

Part I. Cultural, social and institutional effects and place of digital libraries.

Part II. Building a digital library for children and young adults

For more information you can visit the site at http://www.ffos.hr/lida/

I will just like to express my gratitude to my advisor Tefko Saracevic for the inspiration, Tatjana Aparac-Jelusic for inviting me at the conference and a big THANK YOU to Marija Dalbello for all the support.

See you all next year at LIDA 2007.

No comments: